Sunday, June 2, 2024

Our first full day in Guatemala!

Guatemala Day 1

Prompt: Describe the day via your five senses.

 

Entry #1
Griffin Moody’ 28


Senses


Hearing:


6 AM I wake

The the sound of Eli saying, “get up”

Today we go to the lake

I hear the fire works as they blow up, in the sky

I hear the directions, “ it’s time to go” and I have to sigh



Sight:


I wake to the sight of the bunk

Dazed and confused

My hearty sank, I forget where I am

I tried to awake, my brain refused

I was looking for my fam,

Finally I realized, I went to see Chespi

I pet him, then we enter the bus 

We passed the most beautiful scenes, no one could disagree

We drove hours with no fuss

We got to the water, I nearly froze

A beautiful scene alay

A premonition arose that everyone knows 

We knew this would be a great day


Taste:


The taste of minty toothpaste fills my mouth

We go on a bus for hours

Perhaps going south

We all went, no need for showers

I had tried very bitter chocolate

Tasting like a rocket going off in my mouth 

I had pizza and ended the day with chicken

The sight of which had me licken my lips


Touch:


The soft bed beneath me

I awake

I slug out of bed and pet Chespi

Why did we get up so Early for heaven’s sake

We get to the townI feels soft cloths and the feeling of coffee grains on my face

The fun and knowledge always came, no need to chase



Smell:

We get to the town and found a wave of smells

The new food, drink, and fragrances around

I get tricked! Coffee grains fling onto my face

Extreme tartness surrounds me

“I’m sorry “ is all Arjun yells.


Entry #2
Lawson Brown




Entry #3
Arjun Prohit ’28




Entry # 4
Townes Bradley




Additional pictures from the day!
















1 comment:

  1. So proud of everyone! Please keep blogging!! Love it!!

    ReplyDelete