Thursday, March 21, 2024

A postcard home: recapping the events of March 12th


Postcard #1

Dear Mom and Dad,


Today was a very fun day. I woke up at 7:30 and I was very tired. I had some cereal, croissants, and ham for breakfast. We then went on a bus where I fell asleep. Our destination was Humanity Greece, a NGO that provides items to the needy. My friend Duncan and I spent an exhaustingly long time organizing shampoo and conditioner, I finally managed to get everything organized and on the shelves before lunch. Lunch was delicious and my favorite so far we had lunch at Avli tou Petrou. There, we had bread, salad, delicious pork, and fries. The pork was very tender and delicious. Afterwards, we went to the Shelter for Unaccompanied Minors. We dug trenches and tilled the land, then played basketball with everyone. I managed to dunk on my friend Ethan, but unfortunately hurt myself in the process, though it was worth it for the experience.  I learned that maybe I am not as bad at basketball than I thought I was.

-Philip Held

Postcard #2



Today proved to be an engaging day as our group embarked on a meaningful journey with Humanity Greece, assisting in organizing essential goods for refugees. Our lunch at "Avili tou petro" provided a delightful break before returning to the shelter for our second day of activities. Amidst painting murals and playing basketball with the children, we were humbled by the stark realities faced by refugees, reminding us of their shared humanity despite differing circumstances. Witnessing the resilience of individuals like Ali, a former refugee turned inspiration within our team, instills hope for brighter futures among these children. May they draw inspiration from Ali's perseverance and strive towards a future filled with opportunity and independence.

-Bryan Keane



     Postcard #3


- Porter Frist

Work at the NGO




                                                               Lunch






                                                            

No comments:

Post a Comment