Monday, March 11, 2024

What Caught My Attention, March 10, 2024

Daniel Garcia: Something that caught my attention today was when our guide was talking about the bronze trophies and statues that were inside the Parthenon.  At first I thought it was cool that the Greeks had some bronze trophies that maybe we were going to see, but when our guide said that the Greeks later reused the same bronze for weapons, that made me realize something.  What once was a hall or place full of trophies became just an empty space.  With this, what I am trying to say, is that not everything is forever, that everything has an end, but the memories remain.  I feel like it is a good idea to keep the memories alive forever by sharing them with other people.  These memories for me could be trips or new experiences I have had throughout my life, and I still share with new people I meet.  

Cade Redmond: Yesterday we toured the Acropolis and the Parthenon.  That was very fun, but what I enjoyed the most was walking around the neighborhood and immersing myself in the Greek culture around me and meeting new people with different backgrounds and ideas.  Another highlight would have to be eating authentic Greek gyros for lunch.  These were very good and definitely one of the highlights of my day, but the thing I enjoyed most yesterday was walking around and meeting new people. - Cade Redmond

Trip Morgan: One thing I noticed yesterday was how expansive the city of Athens really was. Since Acropolis is the highest point in all of Athens, we were really able to get a full 360° view of the city. The city homes seemed to stretch for miles on end and since Athens doesn’t have many large buildings or skyscrapers this made Athens seem much larger than it already was. I really appreciate the city as a whole for its uniqueness adds a sense of serenity instead of the glooming effect of large and industrial sized buildings.

Dylan Drake: Today I really enjoyed the views that we earned after the walk up to the Parthenon. Seeing the big city below made me realize that it is not as big as I thought because I could see each end. But being in the village it was a whole different experience and you felt very small because of the amount of people. Even looking up and seeing the Parthenon is a symbol of freedom for these people because it stands out in the highest part of the city. The architecture also amazes me by the fact that these buildings still stand strong after thousands of years and will continue to thrive for millions more to see.
























No comments:

Post a Comment